This past Saturday, several volunteers installed the new pollinator garden located on the Bike Path at Highland Road.
Among the list of plants planted (a mix of purchased plants and donations from generous gardeners):
- Agastache (Anise Hyssop, Giant Hyssop)
- Asclepias tuberosa (Butterfly Weed)
- Aquilegua canadensis (native Columbine)
- Aster cordifolius (Blue Wood Aster)
- Ceanothus americanus (New Jersey Tea)
- Echinecea purpurea (Purple Coneflower)
- Eupatorium (Joe Pye Weed)
- Eurybia divaricata (White Wood Aster)
- Ratibpda columnifera (Prairie Coneflower)
- Solidago odora (Goldenrod)
- Spirea tomentosa (Spirea)
More will be added in future days.
Compost/top soil was purchased from Cambridge Bark and Loam. Mulch was donated by the city.
Thanks to all who volunteered over the last few months to prepare the site, plan the work, plan the list, plan the plan, purchase, donate, plant, mulch, and water! A fantastic project – check it out if you are in the area.