The SGC Scholars Program will reimburse members for 50% of tuition for garden classes and workshops relevant to the club’s broad mission of sharing gardening interests and expertise, sustaining the environment, and promoting urban green spaces.. The maximum amount of reimbursement is $250 (based on the $500 tuition for the Massachusetts Horticulture Society’s Master Gardener Program).
Suggested topics of courses:
- sound gardening practices
- use of native species
- conserving water
- other topics relevant to the urban environment
Deadlines: Applications due February, April-May, Sept-Oct.
Who is eligible: All SGC members except those who earn part or all of their income from professional gardening activities.
How to apply:
- Identify the course/workshop you wish to take relevant to the SGC mission offered by an area institution, such as: Mass Horticultural Society, New England Wild Flower Society, Tower Hill, Arnold Arboretum, Cambridge Center for Adult Ed, Ecological Landscaping Association and others in and beyond Boston.
- Fill out the application form, and provide the title, a brief description of the event, the sponsor, location, cost, course dates and ideas for sharing information.
- Submit application to: SGC Scholars Program, PO Box 441895, W. Somerville, MA 02144.
For more information, please contact Teresa McGowan or Bill Bennett.