The SGC ‘Scholars Program’ will reimburse members for 50% of tuition for garden classes and workshops relevant to the club’s broad mission (need a succinct mission description). The maximum amount of reimbursement is $250 (based on the $500 tuition for the Massachusetts Horticulture Society’s Master Gardener Program).
Suggested topics of courses:
- sound gardening practices
- use of native species
- conserving water
- other topics relevant to the urban environment
Deadlines: Applications due February, April-May, Sept-Oct.
Who is eligible: All SGC members except those who earn part or all of their income from professional gardening activities.
How to apply:
- Identify the course/workshop you wish to take relevant to the SGC mission offered by an area institution, such as: Mass Horticultural Society, New England Wild Flower Society, Tower Hill, Arnold Arboretum, Cambridge Center for Adult Ed, Ecological Landscaping Association and others in and beyond Boston.
- Fill out the application form, and provide the title, a brief description of the event, the sponsor, location, cost, course dates and ideas for sharing information.
- Submit application to: SGC Scholars Program, PO Box 441895, W. Somerville, MA 02144.
For more information, please contact Teresa McGowan or Bill Bennett.