Sunday, July 25, 2010
11 a.m. â€“ 5 p.m.
Incredible Edible Gardens of Somerville: a self-guided tour
This yearâ€™s Somerville garden tour celebrates the cityâ€™s expanding community of food growers and their growing environments. Every version of the urban farmâ€”from tiny rooftop gardens to expansive community plotsâ€”will be among the over two dozen public and private sites where fruits, vegetables, and herbs create a delicious medley. Gardeners will be present to share their experiences and demonstrate gardening tips and techniques.
Reserve Sunday, July 25, 11 a.m.â€“5 p.m., to visit these interesting and productive gardens.
Garden tour program booklet/ticket is $10.00 and contains a map and description of the 31 gardens and the demonstrations that will be offered that day at different sites.
Advance Booklet Sale Locations: July 1th â€“ July 24th
- Pemberton Garden Center (2225 Massachusetts Avenue, just outside Porter Square, Cambridge, MA)
- Sherman Cafe (257 Washington Street, Union Square, Somerville, MA)
- True Grounds (717 Broadway, Ball Square, Somerville, MA)
- June 9 & July 14: Somerville Garden Club meetings
Day of Event Booklet Sale Locations: July 25th , 10:30 a.m. â€“ 4:00 p.m.
- Somerville Community Growing Center (22 Vinal Avenue, just outside Union Square, Somerville, MA)
- Davis Square, Statue Park (opposite the MBTA)
Sponsored and organized by the Somerville Garden Club
Volunteer opportunities include:
- Publicity, fundraising and advance ticket sales
- Day of tour: â€“ Ticket sales and information tables
- Balloon and name tag delivery â€“ Photographing the gardens