Sunday, July 25, 2010
11 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Incredible Edible Gardens of Somerville: a self-guided tour
This year’s Somerville garden tour celebrates the city’s expanding community of food growers and their growing environments. Every version of the urban farm—from tiny rooftop gardens to expansive community plots—will be among the over two dozen public and private sites where fruits, vegetables, and herbs create a delicious medley. Gardeners will be present to share their experiences and demonstrate gardening tips and techniques.
Reserve Sunday, July 25, 11 a.m.–5 p.m., to visit these interesting and productive gardens.
Garden tour program booklet/ticket is $10.00 and contains a map and description of the 31 gardens and the demonstrations that will be offered that day at different sites.
Advance Booklet Sale Locations: July 1th – July 24th
- Pemberton Garden Center (2225 Massachusetts Avenue, just outside Porter Square, Cambridge, MA)
- Sherman Cafe (257 Washington Street, Union Square, Somerville, MA)
- True Grounds (717 Broadway, Ball Square, Somerville, MA)
- June 9 & July 14: Somerville Garden Club meetings
Day of Event Booklet Sale Locations: July 25th , 10:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Somerville Community Growing Center (22 Vinal Avenue, just outside Union Square, Somerville, MA)
- Davis Square, Statue Park (opposite the MBTA)
Sponsored and organized by the Somerville Garden Club
Volunteer opportunities include:
- Publicity, fundraising and advance ticket sales
- Day of tour: – Ticket sales and information tables
- Balloon and name tag delivery – Photographing the gardens